When given the option, I’ll always choose a sweet breakfast over a savoury one. That being said though, I don’t want to compromise on nutrition. I’ve come up with a recipe that satisfies your sweet-tooth while being packed full of goodness to set you up for the day. This banana and cinnamon omelette is delicious on its own or with fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt but if you feel like going all out then try it with this insanely good salted caramel sauce over the top. I’m a bit late to the salted caramel party but you will want to pour this sauce over everything!
Banana Cinnamon Omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp of milk of your choice or water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk or cream
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt, or to taste
- Whisk the eggs with the mashed banana, cinnamon and milk or water until fully combined.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let it cook for about a minute until it’s golden brown on the bottom.
- Cut the omelette in half and fold each half into half. Transfer onto a plate.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, whisk the coconut milk or cream and maple syrup together in a small bowl until well combined. Start by adding a small pinch of salt (about ¼ tsp) and then increase the amount as needed. If you want a thicker sauce you can gently heat it up.
- Serve immediately.