It’s a big call I know to say this is the best gluten free loaf ever but it has this amazing texture that’s just like normal supermarket bread. Don’t be put off by the number of eggs as it’s such a filling bread that will last for ages in the freezer. It’s packed full of protein and is much cheaper than gluten free breads from the supermarket which don’t always taste amazing.
- 50g coconut flour/ 7 Tbsp
- 50g psyllium husk/ 10 Tbsp
- 150g buckwheat flour/ 1 heaped cup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 125ml water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (you could also use white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the coconut flour, psyllium husk, buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or jug whisk the eggs, water, lemon juice and olive oil together. Add it to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. The mixture should be quite firm.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Best stored in the fridge or freezer.