These frittatas are the best thing to pack for a picnic or school lunches. This recipe is very forgiving with fillings so use whatever you have on hand, such as cheese, meat and vegetables.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion, green part only
- 2 bunches of parsley, stalks removed
- 1 small red capsicum
- Oil, for greasing
- Optional toppings: sesame/sunflower/pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F and grease a muffin tin with a little oil.
- Thinly slice the capsicum and spring onion. Finely chop the parsley.
- Whisk the eggs in a large glass jug or a mixing bowl and add in the milk, spring onions, parsley and capsicum. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper and then mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased muffin tin until it is about ¾ full. Add toppings if using. You may have to use multiple tins if the mixture doesn’t all fit in one tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
You can eat these frittatas hot or cold.