I’ve put the winning combo of chocolate and orange in these cookies which are so simple to make.
- 60g walnuts
- 90g oat flour (I just processed whole oats until they resemble a flour)
- 60g natural peanut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
- 35g coconut oil, melted
- 50ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder (this is the raw, unprocessed form of cocoa powder but you could also use good quality cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp chia seeds/ ground flaxseeds
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until they form a coarse flour.
- Tip the ground walnuts into a mixing bowl with the oat flour, peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, pinch of salt, cacao/ cocoa powder, chia seeds/ ground flaxseeds and the orange juice and zest. Mix everything together well.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto the lined tray. The mixture should be quite wet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes then leave to cool fully before placing on a rack.