- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 25g whole linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 25g chia seeds
- 100g rolled oats
- A large pinch of fennel seeds
- A small pinch of dried chilli
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 175ml water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/370°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well.
- In a separate small jug, mix together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil and water. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture starts to thicken and the chia seeds and oats have taken on the excess moisture.
- Spread the mixture out onto the lined tray until it is about ½cm thick – I used my fingertips to do this.
- Bake the crackers for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the sheet over, then peel off the baking paper to expose the underside of the crackers. Place back into the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes. They should turn a lovely golden colour round the edges and have firmed up when they’re ready.
- Leave to cool, then snap into assorted shapes.